We’re in a brutal cold snap here in the upper Midwest, but the sun is out and visibility is clear-and-a-million. It’s all a matter of perspective, I guess.
Here are 5 things that grabbed my attention this past week. Wherever this finds you, I hope you’re safe and warm… Or that it’s at least sunny.
- Seth Godin on why we should aim for more than “just doing our job.”
- This week’s playlist. A bit of Sonic Hygge, if you will.
- Speaking of music, this past week the world celebrated “International Clash Day,” honoring the seminal band. Rob Janicke breaks down what it is and why it matters.
- Meanwhile, Delta Air Lines announced that they will extended their blocking of the all middle seats through he end of April 2021. This leaves them as the last American carrier to do so. It’s been well received by fliers — who wouldn’t want an empty seat next to them? — but will that make for any kind of durable loyalty long term?
- EYE CANDY: James Carrolla is back, and Instagram is better for it. This was my favorite picture this past week.
What caught your eye this past week? Let me know! I read every response.
P.S. Top writers Tim Denning and Todd Brison have opened their Medium Bad-Assery course. Whether you want to start writing, or just get better, this is the place to go.
I was in the initial class, and it improved my academic/business/social writing. You also get to be part of an amazing community of writers.
Registration ends soon, but there’s still time to join!
NOTE: This isn’t an affiliate link; I just got a ton of value out of the course and think you will too.